Tel. 07788 140572
Email. [email protected]
Estate Office, Hatfield House,
Hatfield, AL9 5NQ
The formal session lasts for two hours during which the students will:
* Receive a general introduction to and history of the former Royal Palace of Hatfield (aquired by Henry VIII in 1533).
* Meet Queen Katheryn Parr.
* Process into the King's presence in the Great Hall for an audience with His Majesty.
* Meet Erasmus the King's armourer.
Outside of this schools are welcome to arrive and leave when they please to enjoy the other attractions offered by Hatfield Park including:
* The Elizabeth Oak.
* The Real Tennis Court.
* The Rare Breeds Farm.
* A picnic in the Park (indoor accommodation is available should the weather be inclement).
Set in and around the Old Palace at Hatfield, Living History gives students the experience of being at Court 500 years ago.
A full resource pack is available on booking.
The depth and range of topics dealt with is tailored to the age of the students and can be adjusted to cover any specific topics requested by individual schools. Just let us know at the time of booking.